Saturday, February 2, 2008

Going to Grandma & Grandpa Rutledges Tomorrow

Declan and I spent the day at his Uncle Eric and Aunt Lorraine's house. It was a nice and relaxing day. It felt normal to have a baby. I was able to carry on a conversation while tending to all of Declan's needs. It may sound weird that I am saying this, since he is 8 months old, but it just felt so normal and nice.

Our little 'gaffer' was just so pleasant today. He didn't nap much though! He still seemed pretty good even though he hardly napped. He went to sleep in the evening nicely though, and went right to sleep once we got home. He is such a sweety because when I wake him up at someone's house in order to go home, he usually wakes up with a big smile his face. I am just so happy having him as my son.

Eric and Lorraine have been so generous by lending us lots of stuff for Declan. They have been lending all of their boys clothes, as well as many of their baby toys. For instance, I really wanted to get some sort of scooting toy and a walker for Declan. Lorraine had both, so now Declan has some new toys to play with. We also have the next bin of clothes for him to wear (18-24 months). He isn't really ready to wear those clothes yet, but at least I can go through them and know what to look forward to:) I love buying clothes for Declan. I really don't need to buy him anything though . . . so because I love it so much . . . I head to Value Village and get really good deals. I bought two, never used, roots shirts. Sooooo adorable!!!

No comments: