Saturday, February 16, 2008

A lazy Saturday

Today was a lazy Saturday. We didn't do much. This evening, however, we did go to visit friends in London. This is one of those days where a child can get in the way of doing nothing. It is really nice that Gary and I can juggle the responsibilities. Do you want to change him or feed him . . . etc? It is helpful having Gary even though I find it a breeze to care for Declan by myself as well. He still wants to touch the 'no touch' objects like the plant, the magazine rack, the remotes, and the end tables. I think I'm going to find it very frustrating to know what to do each time. He doesn't really listen yet to our instructions. We're still trying to figure it out.

Anyways, tomorrow Gary will be getting up with Declan at 7ish. Today I got up with Declan and Gary slept until after 10. I like the fact that Gary and I still get chance to sleep in even though we have a child. Gary even said he would do the dishes in the morning!! All I"ll have to do is get ready for church. Declan has been doing fairly well in the nursery. He had 1 or 2 bad mornings, but now he has been mostly fine. In the evening we have life group at our house. We enjoy having the couples over. We are studying the book of James from the bible and I am facilitating this study. Last time Declan had a late afternoon nap and wasn't ready to sleep at his normal 7 o'clock. This time we will make sure he is nice and tired so he'll sleep right away. It has gone quite smoothly with Declan the other times.

No comments: