Saturday, February 9, 2008

What a rascal!

In Declan's room we have plastic over the windows to keep down the draft. For those not familiar, you put sticky stuff all the way around the windows and buy this special plastic with two layers to cover the window. Then you blow dry it to get it tight and so that you can still see through the window just fine. Well, since Declan can stand now, he reached way over to the window and ripped down a whole layer of the plastic.

I was sitting here on the computer while he was having his nap and thought I heard crinkling plastic. For a bit, I was trying to figure out what the sound was, so I walked in and he had this plastic all over him. Oh boy! Am I ever thankful that I heard the noise and went in. It really could have been a deadly experience. My sister-in-law said she was friends with a lady whose baby had died because he/she reached out and grapped a plastic bag and suffocated. Thank you Lord, for letting me hear! We will be moving his crib to another location in the room. (will be very akward because he is four windows in his room, so there aren't many options.) We'll have to have the crib sticking out into the middle of the room I guess.

Declan went to Crystals house last night. He was sleeping by 7:15, so that's good! Today we are going skating because it is Lorrissa's birthday and that is what they are doing. I thought it was kind of a funny thing to do because she isn't having friends, just a few relatives and two of them don't have skates (three including Declan). Justin can't really skate either. I think I would have chosen something different. Oh well. I have skates, but I am nervous about, because I have gained so much weight since, so I'm hoping I'll be okay and not fall. Declan will have to be in the stroller. I was sure there was a rule about that, but Lorraine said he can go on the ice.

Normally I upload pictures only once a month. So, at some point, I'll be adding pictures to these blogs.

No comments: