Friday, August 22, 2008

He doesn't seem so sweet today!

With parenting you are going to have constant ups and downs. Today I was in a crabby mood. I don't know if it is because Declan was first, which gave me this rotten attitude or if I was and so he seems crabby. Anyhow, I am finally beginning to realize that it could be because he is teething . . . once again. I am getting tired of that coming out of my mouth, but it seems to be true. His teeth have popped out so quickly I really can't keep track. He has all of his teeth through on his bottom (well...8). He has about 6 on top. Crazyness!

I haven't treated him very well today. I think it has just been one of those days where I had no energy to be all friendly with him. I just wanted him to obey without me having to be patient with him. I regret my meanness towards him. He really was cranky though! Whenever he is tired or cranky he consistently goes and does the exact things that he knows he isn't supposed to do. I think he knows that he will get attention from us as soon as he does something wrong. I guess that is one thing that is negative about being so consistent and predictable.

I was beginning to feel today that Declan didn't love me. He won't just sit with me and give me hugs and kisses. He is always pushing away from me. I started to take it personally. It sounds so silly looking back, but that was how I was feeling. I just wanted him to cuddle with me for at least one minute. He can't last more than 2 seconds in one spot. I guess that is how toddlers are . . . I just wanted to hold him. I tried to just force him to sit with me to see how long it would take for him to just stay with me. He screamed and cried with such force. It was so weird to see him like that. He did stop crying and we watched a little bit of Sesame Street together. Every few seconds he would try to get away, but then he would quit fighting for a bit. He really like watching big bird. He was always my favourite character too!

Anyways, the little guy is sleeping for the night. I should really get this house back in order...even though I really don't feel like it right now.

No comments: