Saturday, July 23, 2011

So many achievements

I have loved spending so much time with Declan lately. I am not boggled down with work and I feel like a real homemaker. Declan is so easy to take care of and it frees us up to do whatever we want. He isn't trapped by naps or diapers or tantrams. He is usually just a great kid to take anywhere.
I have been so happy with the things he has been achieving. We have a backyard pool and Declan was so scared and resistant to go in the water the first few times...and now he is so active and fearless in the pool. He used to be dependent on water wings or a lifejacket and now he want to just jump right in. He will do whatever someone challenges him to do. He'll dive in, bob up and down, hold his breath, and he just LOVES playing any sort of imaginary game in the pool. He may pretend that he is a police officer and that we catch bad guys and put them into jail or any sort of game like that. He can swim for short amounts of time on the water or under the water. He has made great attempts at back floating and front floating. He didn't pass his swimming lessons level of salamander but I think he would now.
The other area that I am so happy for him is in the area of biking. He really wanted to bike without training wheels. Well...he has really been working hard on this and now he can bike down a straight stretch of sidewalk in front of our house from the one stop sign to the other. As he tells us he still needs to work on slowing down and turning.
The last area that I am really proud for him is that he went to day camp for VBS at the pentecostal church and he loved it! He seemed so grown up. He only cried on the second day going in and no other days. He is learning so much. Declan is interested in the bible and the stories. He always has lots of questions .
I am really enjoying my time at home and I am praying that I can be more of a stay-at-home mom if I can get that small contract. Lord, you know my heart's desire. I am asking for this position because it is something I have been striving for for so long. I have two possible LTO's I can apply for but Lord, I really want to be home with Declan more to teach him and to love him and to guide him.
Declan is a joy. Lord, help me to be a good wife. You have plans that are for good and not to harm us. My heart's desire is to have another child and stuff needs to be figured out first and you are working on us. It is in your time and help me to be patient. Amen.

No comments: