Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Days at Home



Declan really loves going to the babysitters and getting out of the house to go to the early years center or on errands. I am finding that he doesn't like the long stays at home. He needs to get out. Some days however, you just can't get out because it is rainy etc. Today is one of those days. We are home for the whole day and he seems to get ancy.

I'm not sure when kids start just quietly playing with toys in one spot. I am trying to teach him this and encourage him to sit down and play with toys. He would much rather climb chairs, move remotes, follow me around, carry objects around the house.... I'm sure it is probably very typical of a almost 19th old. I really just want him to sit down and play...maybe I'm asking too much!

Everyone these days is saying how busy they are. I am actually feeling quite bored. I have almost all of the gifts bought....what else is everyone else doing? Baking? I think it is too early. Wrapping gifts? I do need to do that at some point, but it feels too early. I haven't been working much. I have two days this week ... Thursday and Friday. It will be nice to get out of the house. Declan I am sure will love playing with the other kids. This weekend we are having the Christmas performances at our church. I'll be going to see it on Saturday evening, and then on Sunday morning I am helping in the nursery during both performances.

Declan is having his play pen time now! I am so happy that I started this routine...it really helps so much. I can use the time to have a shower, tidy up the house...or go on the computer.

Declan is talking some. He is starting to repeat words if you ask him to. He understands most of what you say to him...often answering with a big shake of the head our 'yes'. He went through a phase where he would say 'no' in a mean way. My babysitter suggested that you say back 'say yes mommy'. It completely distracts him from his mean face...and he says 'yes' with a happy face. Its cute. Declan is still very compassionate....again a child at the early years was crying and he went right up to him and gave him a kiss and a hug. So cute!

Declan has been going pee on the potty just about every day. He has gone poo once....and this is when he was already half way done what he was doing. Our goal is that after Christmas settles down again, we'll start him in his toddler underwear...I'm thinking January 2nd. We are going to do cold turkey (but diapers still for bed). The first week will be constant asking him to go to the toilet.....and maybe some running around naked. It might make it a little easier with the underwear because we won't have to snap up so many snaps each time.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-YhmRMIMIe6eTMgDYC_TNp3X-Y5_05Xd20QENnernxgfraxHPet8Vu9H6z7ubJN3s3VV-tTQfHK71-8gHL4oMWTY1PglCnIbzNgetLsiJr6FmglgWPFzwdwxLF7d-olF5BqaXGt8_zhw/s1600-h/IMG_4384.JPG">

No comments: